Vacancies at The Villa Levens
We have a number of Career Vacancies at The Villa Levens.
Due to increasing business The Villa, Levens award winning, 4 Star, 1 AA Rosette 22 bedroom hotel with 2 function rooms which can accommodate up to 250 guests and 2 restaurants are recruiting an outgoing, articulate and sales minded individual who will join our successful organisation as an Events Co-ordinator.
As Events Co-0rdinator you will be responsible for:
- Handling and converting wedding and social enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the Operational team prior to the event itself.
- Conducting show-rounds to prospective brides and groom and up-selling all products on offer, in order to maximise revenue.
- Handling all incoming enquiries, quoting rates and selling hotel facilities.
- Ensuring the correct billing of each event and the administration associated with it.
- Following the correct procedure for accepting and processing payments, both for deposits and in relation to the final wedding bill.
- Supervising all wedding ceremonies.
The Experience & Qualifications required:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Ideally previous experience of working as a Wedding coordinator
- Flexible working shift pattern including weekends and evenings.
- Someone with strong communication skills, not only to communicate with clients but for networking with other vendors in the wedding industry.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive can do attitude.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent people skills and portraying a genuine desire to assist guests in planning and arranging their perfect wedding day
- Have experience of working as part of a team, and have the ability to work effectively with others.
The Villa, Hotel, Levens is an award winning 4 Star and 2 Rosette, 140 year old Victorian house that has been fully restored into a 22 bedroom luxury hotel. We are looking to recruit a weekend laundry assistant to join our housekeeping team.
Located in the South Lakes, Cumbria, our venue is furnished to a 5 star standard with the Brettargh Suite for ceremonies and smaller functions and a spectacular purpose built marquee pavilion for all occasions which can hold up to 250 guest. With a choice of 2 restaurants from fine dining to casual. The property is set in 14 acres of parkland and truly has the wow factor.
- To ensure that the buildings entry and exit points are properly monitored and appropriate doors & windows are locked/shut at the appropriate times in accordance with the premises license of the hotel.
- To monitor and act upon any unacceptable behaviour of guests and report any incidents to management.
- To ensure all company policies are adhered to, particularly with regard to fire safety.
- Staff the bar at the required time and serve guests until directed otherwise by management or the premises license.
- Ensure hotel residents have a room card/key before selling any drinks to them and make sure that they sign for any products that they have requested.
- When the bar closes, ensure a full shutdown is complete in accordance with the closing checklist in the bar.
- Ensure the restaurant area & bar area are hovered and mopped every night, including the floor behind the bar.
- Ensure all toilets in the bar, restaurant & conference area are cleaned & mopped properly then replenished with toilet rolls and anything else they may require.
- Outside the front of the hotel is tidy, with all empty glasses, ashtrays & umbrellas are down and safely positioned.
- Any additional duties in conference & banqueting facilities that management may ask you to undertake on occasion.
- Ensure that all guests are checked in on the system correctly as well as any early checkouts.
- Have the phone close to hand in order to respond to any reasonable requests for assistance from guests.
- Ensure the handover book is completed for reception to update morning staff of information they may need to know.
- Any early morning calls complete
Conference & Banqueting
- When more than one night porter is on there will be a requirement to assist in the conference suites with the hovering and tidying of the rooms followed by initial set up of tables/chairs.
- Ensure breakfast set up in complete every day;
- Butters on all tables
- Milk jugs on all tables
- Juice/milk dispensers filled and put on the buffet
- Fruit bowls put on the buffet
- Toaster turned on 1 hour before the start of breakfast
- Any early riser breakfast’s complete.
If you believe you are an ideal candidate and would like to apply for one of our vacancies. Please send your CV to Hotel Manager Alex Borg email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01539 980980