Vacancies at The Villa Levens
We have a number of Career Vacancies at The Villa Levens.
Conference & Banqueting Manager
You will need a strong operational track record within the Hospitality industry, with a sound knowledge of Food and Beverage. You will have excellent verbal communication skills, be highly organised, passionate and self-motivated. You will be enthusiastic, customer-focused and work within deadlines set to meet business and customer demands. Proven experience of managing a team is essential as is the ability to train, develop and motivate people to achieve the targets that will be set. You should be able to demonstrate a successful career within a Conference & Banqueting environment.
• To ensure the setup of functions is always appropriate, timely and in line with customer requirements
• To ensure all event areas are presented in a smart, clean and presentable manner, both front and back of house
• To assist in the running of functions to a high standard and remain customer focused at all times
• To work closely within the events team and to always be fully conversant in the weekly function sheets
• To help promote a culture within the Events Department of exceptional service delivery, co-operation and commitment
• To attend HOD meetings
• Contribute to sales and profitability through efficiency, cost and performance
• Ensure relevant stock is maintained and controlled, readily available, and counted when necessary
• Use of electronic point of sale, cash handling, cashing up, etc
• Previous managerial experience within a 4-star hotel environment or luxury event brand within a quality operation
• Knowledge of Wines, Beers & Spirits is required
• Enthusiastic, reliable and able to work under pressure in a busy environment
• Must be of smart appearance with excellent personal hygiene standards
• You will be a confident communicator with both internal and external customers and will actively relish the opportunity to interact with all guests
• You should be flexible and able to work any day of the week, including early mornings and late evenings
• Previous experience of supervising staff within a similar environment is essential
• You will be physically fit as the role entails lifting and carrying tables, chairs and other equipment
• No live in accommodation
We are looking for Part and Full time Bar staff for our busy and vibrant 4 Star, 1 AA rosette, 22 Bedroom hotel with function rooms for 20-250 guests based in The Lakes. You will be a part of a great team who ensures smooth running of the bars and prepare drinks for our guests.If you have some Bar experience and you are hard working, enthusiastic and reliable person who enjoys working with people and passionate about your work please get in touch – send your CV and short cover letter.
• Demonstrate genuine dedication and show a commitment to product and service
• Provide intuitive service, with understanding of our guests needs; creating an exceptional service experience, that results in lasting memories
• Have an ability to work in a pressured environment, providing even the most demanding guests with top-quality service
• Handling complaints in a timely and efficient manner
• Prepare drinks for the customers and servers, ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand, and talk to guests. Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary. Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
We’re currently recruiting Part Time and Full Time Waiting Staff for our Banqueting & Conferences, Restaurant, and Bars in the Hotel and Wedding Venue. We are looking for a smiley and cheerful character with good personality. It is essential you have great communication skills, can work well with the general public, part of a team and are professional and presentable. Someone who is willing go that extra mile.
• Taking customer orders
• Assisting with guest queries
• Serving food and drink
• Clearing and resetting tables
• Keeping the work area clean and tidy, and adhering to health and safety policies
• Other associated tasks as required.
As a Sous Chef you will be responsible for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef. You will lead a section and oversee the rest of the kitchen ensuring the high standard is maintained. This role will include all of the normal Sous Chef duties. This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef or a Chef de Partie looking to step up.
We are looking for a Sous Chef with previous experience as a Sous Chef or a Chef de Partie looking for more responsibility and a step up.
• You will have a proven track record in a similar role within a quality environment and be able to demonstrate excellent standards and team member supervision
• Commercially aware
• Must be Driven and ambitious to inspire the team to consistently deliver and exceed service standards
• A Clear thinker with excellent communication and creative ability
Head of Pastry
A competent Head of Pastry is required for this 4 Star, 1 AA Rosette Hotel. Part of a team, your role will be to produce desserts for all areas of the business – this will include breakfast items, all desserts, breads and all simple tray bake cakes. You must be self-motivational.
As Pastry Chef you will manage the pastry section with one other chef to create your own menus. Motivation and inspiration are essential to communicate the way forward and continue in the Hotels success. Part of a professional brigade of 5/6 chefs with an established Head Chef, the role incorporates the running the pastry section, participate in menu and food development, assist the Head Chef to improve quality. Understanding of current legislation for health, hygiene and food safety controls are essential.
Experience in a similar position is essential. A proven track record and strong development through your career will express drive, success and passion for the position.
Tip share, meals on duty, Holidays, uniform provided plus many more benefits with this position.
If you believe you are an ideal candidate and would like to apply for one of our vacancies. Please send your CV to Hotel Manager Alex Borg email: email@example.com Tel: 01539 980980